The Broke and the Bookish. This week we got to choose our top ten books from whichever genre we chose. I am posting my Top Ten Dystopian Novels. Either I have read these books or they are very high up on my TBR list. Here are my picks, in no particular order.
1. Amongst the Ruins (The Chronicles of 2020) by Saewod Tice. I love this book. It is probably one of my favorite books of the year. I was lucky enough to have won it in a giveaway. It was actually the very first review I ever wrote.
2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I am so excited to say that I have finally begun to read this book! I know everyone seems to have read them and are in complete love. I am only into the first pages, but I think I will really enjoy this series.
3. Tomorrow Land by Mari Mancusi. I just finished this book yesterday. Wow! This book was amazing. It was full of zombies and tons of adventure. I am so happy that I was able to read it and I can't wait to write up my review.
4. Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne. This is another recent book. In this one the world starts out normal and then falls apart around a group of children. I really loved this book and I am excited to read what happens next.
5. The Giver by Lois Lowry. This is a book many people probably read in school. It has been a favorite of mine for a very long time.
6. The Messenger by Lois Lowry. A companion book to The Giver, this book is equally as good.
7. Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry. Another companion book, another great book. These three books are amazing and are must reads.
8. Maze Runner Series by James Dashner. I recently bought these. There were suggested for people who love The Hunger Games trilogy. I figured, I'm gonna love The Hunger Games, so I'll love these, too. I plan to try to get into them my next free chance after I read The Hunger Games trilogy.
9. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. This book has been very highly recommended and it is part of my 2012 Reading Challenge. I am excited to read it. I know that it is described as a sci-fi dystopian.
10. Article 5 by Kristen Simmons. I have heard so much good about this book as well. It is in my wish list and I hope to get to read it sometime soon.
Well there they are. Be sure to stop back by next Tuesday. I will be posting my Top Ten Books On My Spring To-Be-Read List.
What do you think of my choices? Do you have any favorite dystopian novels that I didn't list? Let me know in the comments!