Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Dystopian Novels

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we got to choose our top ten books from whichever genre we chose. I am posting my Top Ten Dystopian Novels. Either I have read these books or they are very high up on my TBR list. Here are my picks, in no particular order.



1. Amongst the Ruins (The Chronicles of 2020) by Saewod Tice. I love this book. It is probably one of my favorite books of the year. I was lucky enough to have won it in a giveaway. It was actually the very first review I ever wrote.







2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I am so excited to say that I have finally begun to read this book! I know everyone seems to have read them and are in complete love. I am only into the first pages, but I think I will really enjoy this series.







3. Tomorrow Land by Mari Mancusi. I just finished this book yesterday. Wow! This book was amazing. It was full of zombies and tons of adventure. I am so happy that I was able to read it and I can't wait to write up my review.







4. Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne. This is another recent book. In this one the world starts out normal and then falls apart around a group of children. I really loved this book and I am excited to read what happens next.








5. The Giver by Lois Lowry. This is a book many people probably read in school. It has been a favorite of mine for a very long time.
6. The Messenger by Lois Lowry. A companion book to The Giver, this book is equally as good.
7. Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry. Another companion book, another great book. These three books are amazing and are must reads.



8. Maze Runner Series by James Dashner. I recently bought these. There were suggested for people who love The Hunger Games trilogy. I figured, I'm gonna love The Hunger Games, so I'll love these, too. I plan to try to get into them my next free chance after I read The Hunger Games trilogy.






9. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. This book has been very highly recommended and it is part of my 2012 Reading Challenge. I am excited to read it. I know that it is described as a sci-fi dystopian.







10. Article 5 by Kristen Simmons. I have heard so much good about this book as well. It is in my wish list and I hope to get to read it sometime soon.








Well there they are. Be sure to stop back by next Tuesday. I will be posting my Top Ten Books On My Spring To-Be-Read List.

What do you think of my choices? Do you have any favorite dystopian novels that I didn't list? Let me know in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. The hunger games have I heard about, but never read myself. I admit that fantasy isn't what I like to read, but I understand other people likes it. By the way, love your blog.

    Today I had about top ten historical fiction novels. http://whatafeeling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a few books to add to my nook. Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved The Hunger Games series. Great list! There are several on here that I haven't read but want to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these yet. Stephanie, the bartender at my local pub, insists I should read 'Hunger Games,' so I think I will before I watch the movie (probably when it comes out on DVD).

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Giver I still have, haven't got my hand on the messenger yet. Along the same lines though I would also suggest Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix. (it's a set, but I've only read about four of them to date) of course you could always go classical and go full 1984. (personally though I still don't believe you could control language the way that book said it wanted to try. )

    ReplyDelete