Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books I'd Play Hooky With
The Broke and the Bookish. This week I will be sharing my Top Ten Books I'd Play Hooky With. Really if a book is captivating, I would be willing to play hooky, if I had a job outside the home. This list could be forever long. Lets see if I can limit it to ten (sort of).
1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. Notice I didn't say which one. That's because I would stop everything to read this entire series. Thank goodness I am a fast reader. Once I start this series I can't stop until I've read them all.
2. The Host by Stephenie Meyer.This book is just amazing. Sorry Twilight fans (and I'm one of you) but this book is the best she has written so far. I can't wait for the movie! I would most definitely miss something for this book.
3. Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer. Yeah, I'd stop working for these books, too. I really do love Twilight.
4. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. I may have just finished these but I would drop everything to read them again. Amazing books!
5. The Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. I love this series, and eventually I want to get them for my kindle so I can read them whenever I want.
6. Roots by Alex Haley. I love Roots. It is such an amazing book full of history. I like to read it at least once a year, and I usually drop everything for it.
7. Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. Dragons! Yep that about covers it. Well that and elves and magic and dwarves.
8. Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. I love these books. Really I love everything James Patterson writes, and I would play hooky to read any of his books.
9. Thoughtless and Effortless by S.C. Stephens. I love reading about Kellan and Kiera. This is another author that I would stop everything to read any of her books. S.C. Stephens is proof that you should never over look an Indie author!
10. Good Night Mr. Tom by Michelle Magorian. I love this book, and when I read it I tend to drop everything else. It is such a beautiful story.
Yes, I know, most of these are series. I just can't stop at one book in a series, once I start I have to finish. Be sure to stop by next Tuesday, I will be posting my Top Ten Books To Read In A Day! So what books would you play hooky for? Let me know in the comments.