Saturday, March 31, 2012

Intangible by J. Meyers - Review

Title: Intangible
Author: J. Meyers
Publish Date: January 29, 2012
Pages: 348

Synopsis: Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret--she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they've helped those in need on the sly. They've always thought of their abilities as being a gift. 


Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they've always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke's ability? He's always right. 


And he can't do anything about it.


My Thoughts: I love reading debut authors. J. Meyers has reminded me why. Intangible is her first novel and she did such an amazing job. Another Indie author who has knocked it out of the park. Intangible was well thought out and perfectly executed. I could tell that J. Meyer  put a lot of effort, research, and love into this book. Readers are sure to fall in love with Sera and Luke. I know I did.


Sera and Luke have such a fascinating relationship as twins. I have twins, and I hope their bond is as strong (although I doubt they will be paranormal). I loved reading about their struggles with their gifts. I cannot imagine hiding something that is such a big part of who you are from everyone else in the world. They helped each other through it. They have a fun relationship despite all of the stress their gifts cause. Their joking and loving nature was so great to read about.


The many other characters who make up this story's cast were very interesting. I enjoyed Fey, and her protectiveness. Jonas was interesting. His struggle with his humanity was very well written. He turned into one of my favorites in this book. Marc was a different story. I almost wonder where his story will go. I hope we will read about him again. He frustrated me a bit but then, I've never....well lets just say he goes through a lot. Quinn wasn't talked about a whole bunch but I hope his character is more involved later. He seems like a cocky guy who will be fun to read about.


All the paranormal aspects of this book were awesome. There were so many things touched on, such as vampires, elves, and the Gifteds. J. Meyers created a world that could unfold into anything. She created back story and explained a lot about each race. I am excited to see what other Gifteds we will see in the next book and if any more paranormal races will join the series.


This is an amazing YA paranormal novel. A definite must read for anyone who enjoys that genre. There is so much suspense, adventures, some romance, and rescue missions. It was fast paced and fun. I absolutely loved this book and I am excited for the next book in the series. If only it was ready now. The suspense is horrible.


Rating:



To purchase your own copy stop by Amazon.


To learn more about Intangible and J. Meyers visit: Facebook / Website / Goodreads / Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment