Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books That Broke My Heart A Little





Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we are posting a little anti-Valentine's list. These are the Top Ten Books That Broke My Heart A Little:

1. Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls - If you have read this then you know exactly why it's on my list. If you haven't, then do! And be prepared to shed some tears.

2. Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix by J.K. Rowling - Why oh why does Harry have to suffer so much! I was so upset with one particular part of this book. 

3. Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling - Another moment of crying for a very sad part in this book. Actually I cried a couple times. Very heartbreaking!

4. Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling - By the time this book was over I was just emotionally drained. Although I was happy with how Harry's personal story plays out, I was so sad during many parts of this book.

5. Amongst the Ruins (The Chronicles of 2020) by Saewod Tice - This is another "why?" book. I loved this book. But my heart broke for Shilo with all her troubles. 

6. Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens - This book ends great. But I felt so bad for both Denny and Kellan, and even a little bad for Kiera, too. By the way, this is a great read. Be sure to check it out!

7. Eragon by Christopher Paolini - Poor Brom, poor Eragon. It is just so sad. And to make things worse, Eragon can't ever seem to catch a break in the love department.

8. Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare - This one speaks for itself. 

9. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult - I know that the ending of this books was about freeing both Kate and Anna but it was just so hard to get through.

10. The Green Mile by Stephen King - Another great book full of sad parts. Worth the read, just be ready for the tears. 

All these books made me cry or broke my heart. I don't know what all I can say without giving away too much about the books. They are all amazing books with some very heartbreaking moments.

Stop back by next week! I'll be posting my Top Ten Books I'd Quickly Save If My House Was Going To Be Abducted By Aliens.

So what books broke your heart a little? Leave it in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about Where the Red Fern Grows. I read it once and absolutely refused to read it again because it made me so sad.

    ReplyDelete