Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books I Would Save In Case of Disaster or Alien Invasion
Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week our post is the Top Ten Books I'd Quickly Save If My House Was Going To Be Abducted By Aliens (or any other natural disaster...you get the drift). Here we go!
1. My Bible. It is right beside my bed, so it will be the easiest to get. My children gave it to me for Mother's Day. It has my name engraved on it. It's very special to me.
2. My Kindle Fire. That may be cheating, but most of my books are in ebook format now. I would grab my Kindle right after my Bible.
3. Harry Potter books 1-7 by J.K. Rowling. I'm counting Harry Potter as one. It may be my very favorite series and I would hate to lose it.
4. Roots by Alex Haley. I love this book. It is so wonderful and shows a part of history. I wouldn't want it to be left.
5. Twilight books 1-4 by Stephenie Meyer. Another series, I know, but I don't think I could leave them behind. I even have them on ebook, but my hard copies were a gift from my husband for Christmas one year.
6. The Host by Stephenie Meyer. Another Christmas present from my husband. I love this book so much!!
7. Maximum Ride series by James Patterson - I love James Patterson and if I could grab all of his books I would, but this series is the one I love the most of his YA books.
8. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher - This book is just amazing. I was lucky enough to win it recently, after having borrowed it to read.
9. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis - I have the volume that has all the books in one big book. I love these stories and I hope to share them with my children as they get older.
10. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory - Another book I love a lot. I would probably snatch this book because I enjoy reading it at least once a year.
Okay, so that is way more than ten books. But if I had any kind of heads up then you can guarantee that I would have a rolling suitcase slam full of my books and these would be the first to go into it.
Let me know in the comments, what books would you save? Be sure to stop back next Tuesday, I'll be posting the Top Ten Books I'd Give A Theme Song To. That should be fun!