Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday- Books That I'd Give A Theme Song To

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we are posting about the books we would give theme songs to. Here we go!

1. Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens - I actually recently found a song that I thought just fits this book. It is "Lie About Us" by Avant ft. Nicole Scherzinger. Although in this book the roles would be reversed, since Kiera is the one asking Kellan to wait and keep their love secret so that they don't hurt Denny.




2. Effortless by S.C. Stephens - I have found two great songs for this book, both are by Secondhand Serenade (who are a new favorite for me). "Your Call" which would actually work for both books, and "Vulnerable". Both songs talk about having to wait for someone, loving them, and having to have faith in them. Perfect for the struggles that Kiera and Kellan face in this book.

                

3. Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer. I wasn't actually looking for a song for this series. I was searching for a song about woman empowerment, and for whatever reason this popped up on a page. "No Air" by Jordin Sparks Ft. Chris Brown is perfect for Twilight. As much as I love the books Edward and Bella are so attached to each other that they feel like (or plan to be) dying without the each other. 



4. Amongst the Ruins by Saewod Tice. I was actually picturing something more about being a strong woman for this entire book. Instead I found "I'm Done" by Pussycat Dolls. It is such a beautiful song, and it fits perfectly with Shilo and Kain's relationship, especially towards the end. Just amazing!



Sadly I cannot come up with anymore. I've been thinking and thinking, but it's just not coming to me. I am really happy with the ones I did find though. Come back next week for my Top Ten Favorite Covers! I know I can come up with ten for that. 

Thoughts about my song choices? Do you have any books that you have theme songs picked out for? Let me know about it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment