Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Bookish Confessions
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I haven't posted in such a long time!! I have been very behind in everything, including book reviews. With my oldest two in school I'm hoping I'll be able to find a little more time to write up reviews and memes. I have missed so many good Top Tens!! I'll be looking forward to Rewind Tuesday later this year. This week's topic is my Top Ten Bookish Confessions.
1. I don't use bookmarks at all. I lose them too much. I used to be able to memorize quickly what page I was on, and sometimes I can still do that. For the most part though, I fold down the corner of the page!
2. I crease the spines of books. I didn't even know that was such a big no no until my sister-in-law pointed out that she hates having the spines of her books creased. I guess I've never gotten the hang of half opening a book to read it so that it stays pretty. My books are well worn and loved.
3. I swore I would never ever read Harry Potter, Twilight, or 50 Shades of Grey because there is just too much mass hysteria about them. I've now read all of them, and they are amazing!
4. If a book doesn't catch me in the first few pages (sometimes paragraphs) I usually won't continue. I'm sure I have missed plenty of great books this way, but I like a story that jumps out and grabs you. This of course doesn't pertain to my review books, I try to read the entire books of all reviews.
5. I've only read a very tiny percentage (like 15%) of the books on my Kindle, and yet I always want more. Most of the ones I've read are review books.
6. On a similar note, my Kindle has over 600 books on it.
7. I will usually only read a book with a catchy cover. I know they say "Don't judge a book by it's cover" but I totally do. It can be redeemed if it has an amazing title or great reviews, but I usually don't make it past covers.
8. If a book I am reviewing has all 5 star reviews on Amazon, and I consider it a 4 star or less I hate posting my review. I always feel like maybe I'm just not getting the book. Honesty can be hard if it affects someone's ratings.
9. I have signed up for tons of 2012 Reading Challenges, and I am not doing a good job of keeping up with them. I have to get busy!
10. I hate books made into movies, yet I am always picturing what a book will be like as a movie. My disappointment comes when the director just doesn't read my mind and get it right.
Yay for finally doing a Top Ten Tuesday!! What are your Bookish Confessions? Let me know in the comments or leave me a link to your Top Ten and I'll stop by! Next week I'll be posting my Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR List.