Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten All Time Favorite Characters in Books
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's post is about our Top Ten All Time Favorite Characters in Books.
Wow what a difficult topic! I love so many characters from books. Each book always has one favorite character for me, so now that has to be narrowed down to ten! That is a lot of narrowing! I'll try, though. So, in no particular order, here are my Top Ten All Time Favorite Characters in Books:
1. Kapu from the Julie of the Wolves trilogy by Jean Craighead George. Yep, my first pick is an animal. I love wolves so much, and I love this series a lot, too. The third book, Julie's Wolf Pack, is where I love Kapu the most. He becomes the alpha of the pack.
2. Alice from the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer. She has always been my favorite. Her extra ability is awesome, she is funny, spunky, and her parts in the book entertained me.
3. Shilo from Amongst the Ruins by Saewod Tice. She is such an awesome character. She is strong, she is a fighter, and she is stubborn.
4. Alex Cross from James Patterson's Alex Cross series. Alex is awesome. I don't read many police/thrillers but for Alex Cross I would read anything. He is such a well written character.
5. Laura from the Little House on the Prairie books. She is so much fun, even as she gets older she always seems to find her way into trouble. I love her and I have been reading her books to my girls.
6. Ian from The Host by Stephenie Meyer. Ian is my favorite character in that book. He's hunky, he's brave, and he stands by Wanda against everyone else.
7. Fang from the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. He's all dark, moody, and mysterious. He's strong, brave, and perfect for Max and the other bird-kids.
8. Chloe from the Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. Chloe is stubborn and needs convincing. She is witty and incredibly brave. Her story is powerful.
9. Deep from the Brides of the Kindred series by Evangeline Anderson. So he has a twin and other brothers but Deep is my favorite Kindred warrior. I have a thing for the dark and mysterious, and that is exactly what Deep is. He has a smart ass attitude that I love a lot.
10. Kellan from the Thoughtless series (we hope!!) by S.C. Stephens. Okay, he's a favorite because he's so dreamy in the books. A rock star with an amazing heart, and sexy to boot. Yep, he's a keeper.
So what have we learned? I need a Thesaurus! I use awesome a lot!
Anyway, what do you think of my favorite characters? Who are some of yours? Let me know in the comments! And come back next week, I'll be posting my Top Ten Books I'd Like to See Made Into a Movie!!