Friday, April 27, 2012

Avoiding Commitment by K.A. Linde - Review

I am incredibly excited to have recently been introduced to a new author, K.A. Linde! She is an independently published, or Indie, author. I have always enjoyed Indie authors. Their talents tend to not be recognized as often as they should be. So, I was very excited to read K.A. Linde's book, Avoiding Commitment.


The cover art is still in the works as she is working to put Avoiding Commitment into e-book format. This picture is a tentative design and Linde claims no ownership or copyright to it at all. I actually love this cover art, and I also love that the blue font is the color of Jack's eyes. You'll hear about Jack in a minute, hold on.


Title: Avoiding Commitment
Author: K.A. Linde
Release Date: Unknown, but I'm waiting!


Synopsis: Jack and Lexi never had a typical relationship. After 2 years without speaking, she receives a phone call that changes everything. He unexpectedly asks her to convince the new girl, Bekah, that he's ready to commit. Jack is calling now after everything they had been through because there is another woman. She can't believe it. Follow Lexi in this heart wrenching drama as she relives her past relationship, or lack thereof, with Jack, and not just in her own mind, but to his fiance-to-be. Throw in Bekah's hot brother who always seems to be in the right place at the right time, a past with more secrets to unravel than you can even imagine, and you get a recipe for disaster. Find out what happens to Lexi as she travels to Atlanta to get the closure she so desperately desires from Jack, and how the bumps of life seem to keep getting in the way. From Goodreads.


My Thoughts: First off, I love K.A. Linde's writing style. She alternates between past and present for each chapter. I love books like this. The gradual build of the back stories adds intensity to the story. This story was definitely intense!


Lexi tries so hard to stay strong. She just gets completely swept up in her feelings for Jack right from the start. Lexi struggles throughout the book to resist Jack and all of his advances. I can't say I enjoyed her struggle, how bad would that sound? I did feel for her through it all. I felt like she deluded herself sometimes when it came to Jack, but then love will make you do stupid things. 


Jack with his dark hair, and amazing blue eyes would make any girl swoon. You really can't blame Lexi for getting wrapped up in him. The scenes between them were so hot (18+ folks, but yummy) that I was almost convinced to go Team Jack. Then he finally just made me mad. Leading poor Lexi along all the time. Sure, she may have asked for it, but he was a jerk. A sexy jerk, but still.


Lexi's interactions with Ramsey were the best! Ramsey sounds so sexy! I know Jack is all smolder and gorgeous but Ramsey just seemed better. This coming from the person who typically goes for the bad boy with an attitude. Ramsey was bad in his own way. I loved how he never gave an inch with Lexi. He could really hold his own. I am completely on Team Ramsey here!


Chyna is amazing!! I love her so much. She is funny, spunky, and man does that girl know how to party. She is such a great friend to Lexi, and I really love how they first met. 

There were several other characters in this book. Jack's girlfriends from the past were quite interesting. Jack's current girlfriend, Bekah, seems all sugary sweet, but Lexi isn't fooled. Lexi's past boyfriends are introduced, too. 

This book was definitely a roller coaster of emotions. I loved following this story, and I never wanted to stop reading. Reading about Lexi's search for closure, and watching how she dealt with each problem was exciting. 

I plan to pass this book, and author, on to my fellow reading friends. Avoiding Commitment was amazing to read, and K.A. Linde is an author to watch. I've already started reading the second book in this series, Avoiding Responsibility, and I cannot wait to see what happens next!

Rating:

You can read K.A. Linde's books on FictionPress. You can connect with her on Goodreads and Facebook.

She is hard at work trying to get this book into e-book format. Once it is I'll be updating with new links!

I read this book for free on FictionPress, and I was not compensated in any way for my review. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.

2 comments:

  1. Rеad the eхcerpt on Theodore Taylor and answer the fοllowing queѕtіons:.
    And theү rank well witɦ very little if any off web page optimization or link construction because of the unique
    'formula' uѕed to construct the sites. Recently,
    the prodսct has releaѕed some ƿre-launch videos.

    Stоp by mʏ blog - Factor quema Grasa

    ReplyDelete