Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books/Authors I'm Thankful For
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is the Top Ten Books/Authors I'm Thankful For. I love this theme. I don't have to cheat and claim an entire series for one entry! I'll just put the author. So, here is my Top Ten!
1. S.C. Stephens - I am so thankful for the author who wrote about such gorgeous men, like vampire Teren Adams, exotic Kai, and of course rock star Kellan Kyle. S.C. Stephens has a talent at weaving a story that draws you in and doesn't let you go. I am thankful for her books, and that I found them.
2. James Patterson - Women's Murder Club, Alex Cross, Maximum Ride, and so many more. He writes for several genres, and so far I haven't found a book of his that I don't love.
3. J. K. Rowling - Harry Potter, need I say more?
4. Jean Craighead George - I am very thankful for Jean Craighead George. Her books were some of the first I re-read over and over. Her Julie of the Wolves series is what gave me a respect and love of wolves. Her writing is magnificent.
5. Melissa McPhail - I am thankful that Melissa McPhail approached me to review her first book Cephrael's Hand. It was an amazing book. I haven't read the second in her series, but I don't doubt that it will be just as amazing as her first.
6. Dr. Seuss - My children love Dr. Seuss books. My oldest, who is six, will sit down with one of his books and read every word. She loves his books. In school when they pick out library books, his are some I can expect to come home with her. I'm very thankful to him and his books for helping my children's love of reading grow.
7. Evangeline Anderson - Her Brides of the Kindred series is amazing. The steamy parts are extra steamy and the story is engaging and pulls you in.
8. K.A. Linde - I just found K.A. Linde's Avoiding series this year, and I am very thankful. Her books drug me along for the ride and I was going crazy trying to figure out who Lexi would choose.
9. Nicky Charles - Her Lycan series is really awesome. What makes her even more awesome is that her books are free. She asks that if you would like to, please donate to help animals.
10. Christopher Paolini - I love his Inheritance series. I fell in love with them right from the start, and I re-read them all the time.
So there are my Top Ten. What books or authors are you thankful for this year? Leave me a link and I'll stop by!