I am joining in on Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! I am so excited to be joining this meme, and I cannot wait to get started on my weekly post for it.
This Tuesday is freebie day where I get to pick my own topic. I went back through old topics and decided that I will post my top ten favorite fictional couples. I am one of those people that as long as the love story is good, I fall in love, too. I'm a bit of a romantic I guess, and narrowing this list down to just ten is incredibly hard to do.
**Warning, some couple descriptions may contain book spoilers!!**
1. Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I knew without a doubt that Ron and Hermione would make my list. I never get tired of reading about their relationship. The constant bickering and jealousy are so wonderfully written that the drama becomes very real. Typical teenagers struggling with their feelings for each other, all while fighting along side Harry to save the wizarding world. Although I am usually not a "movie based on a book" lover, I even enjoyed their relationship struggle in the films. They are perfect for each other.
2. Shilo and Kain from Amongst the Ruins (The Chronicles of 2020) by Saewod Tice. Shilo and Kain went through so much to end up together. Living in a post nuclear world things are not easy for them. Shilo wants freedom and will do anything to stay independent of a man, and she thinks Kain hates her. When they get married she thinks it is only a marriage of convenience. Eventually she realizes that she truly loves Kain, and Kain has always known he loves Shilo. My heart broke for them when they were tragically torn apart in this book. Their journey to find their love was beautiful and I can only hope that in some way it may continue.
3. Kiera and Kellan from Thoughtless and Effortless by S.C. Stephens. I truly love these two! In the first book they are not even a couple. Kiera is dating Danny, but while he is away on business she falls in love with his best friend. Kellen is a lead singer of a band, and he carries that bad boy, womanizing image well. In reality he is the biggest softy. He falls deeply in love with Kiera. So ensues their forbidden relationship with many twists and turns. In the second book their love, now as a couple, is tested by distance and jealousy. They may not always have a healthy relationship (ok, almost never) but they love each other so strongly that I cannot help but root for them through these books.
4. Wanderer and Ian from The Host by Stephenie Meyer. Wanderer is an alien who has taken over a human's body and fallen in love with another human. This love story was amazing. There was so much struggle and heart break and at times I was convinced that they could never be together. Although there is very little physical relationship between them, the emotional connection between them is strong. Their story made me cry from sadness when I thought they would never be together, and joy when they found a way to live their love story.
5. Cameron Williams and Chloe Steele from Left Behind by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. Who would expect to find love during the end of times? I loved reading Cameron (Buck) and Chloe's love story. Even in the dark days of being left behind by Christ and living through the Tribulation, they found love for each other. Their love is so sincere and heartfelt. A beautiful Christian romance. I was so heartbroken after Chloe's horrible death, but Buck never gave up their love or his faith that they would be together again with Christ.
6. Bella and Edward from The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer. I am one of plenty who love this love story. But Bella and Edward's love is just beautiful to me. She gives up everything for her love of him, including, in essence, her life. I know people say she set women back with her blind devotion but I still found it to be amazing. To love someone so completely that you would willingly leave everyone else behind. And Edward's devotion to her is no less. Cliche or not, this is one love story that I will always enjoy reading.
My final four picks all come from the same series, but a different couple (or trio in one case) in each book. I could not just choose one couple from this series, as I loved them all.
7. Olivia and Baird from Claimed by Evangeline Anderson. Olivia pretty much hates Baird. He stole her from her home, drug her up to his alien ship orbiting Earth. He stole her away from her twin sister, and she has to live with him for a month without bonding with him to be able to go home. Baird loves Olivia to no end. He does everything he can to win her affections, and despite all her efforts to deny him, Olivia does fall in love.
8. Sophia and Sylvan from Hunted by Evangeline Anderson. Sophia hate needles, so it would figure that Sylvan drinks blood as part of the bonding. Sylvan has a vow to never fall in love again. Regardless of these issues they do fall in love. They are probably my favorite couple. He is such a stern quiet male, but when he is with Sophia he is so loving and gentle. He is everything she needs and she warms his frozen heart. Love it!
9. Kat, Lock, and Deep from Sought by Evangeline Anderson. Kat and Lock actually fall in love so quickly in this book, but Lock and Deep are a package deal. A bonding with Twin Kindred requires both males. That terrifies Kat (and lots of other people, I bet). It doesn't help the fact that Deep is broody and hateful all the time. A partial bond threatens Kat's life and Deep's love starts to show through. By the end of this story I was so happy to see them end up together, and I secretly felt Deep was my favorite of the twins.
10. Lauren and Xairn from Found by Evangeline Anderson. Xairn kidnaps Lauren from his evil father, who kidnapped her from Earth. Their love is a truly unexpected thing. Xairn is terrified that he will hurt her, because his race is very violent towards women. Lauren teaches Xairn to love again, though. I felt so bad for Xairn, his past was so horrible, I was glad that he found love with Lauren.
Well that is my list. I hope you stop by next Tuesday for Top Ten Books I Think Would Make Great Book Club Picks. Comment below with your favorite fictional couples!