Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2012


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2012. This is hard to choose! I've read so many new-to-me authors this year. Let's see if I can manage to limit this to ten...

1. Suzanne Collins - I was late getting into The Hunger Games trilogy but I am glad I did. I love Suzanne Collins writing style and she is an amazing story teller. I want to read The Underworld Chronicles. 

2. K.A. Linde - Her books were a suggestion from one of my very favorite authors. I read them and definitely did not regret it at all. Her stories about Lexi and her struggles with Jack and Ramsey are so good! 

3. Melissa McPhail - I read and reviewed her book Cephrael's Hand in the early fall. Wow! I don't read a lot of Epic Fantasy, but I'm so glad I took the time to read her books. She is an amazing author, and I have the next book in the series just waiting for me to read. 

4. Jamie McGuire - Another author who was suggested by one of my favorite authors. Travis Maddox is really enough explanation, but in case you've never read Beautiful Disaster I will say that it is so awesome! I can't wait for Walking Disaster to come out!

5. Saewod Tice - The very first book I reviewed on my blog was Amongst the Ruins by Saewod Tice. You could say that her book is what started me blogging. 

6. Emmy Laybourne - I loved her book Monument 14 so much. It was written in an eerily realistic way. I could easily see these things happening. Waiting for her next book, too, and I'm so excited about it!

7. Belinda Boring - I read both Mystic Wolves and Forget Me Not, and they were really great books. Belinda Boring completely outdid them with Broken Promises. She wrote a perfect book and left me hanging, waiting to find out what happens next.

8. Alyssa Rose Ivy - I've read the first two books in her Afterglow Trilogy, and I enjoyed them. I just read Veer, her newest book, last week. So amazing! She tells her stories in a way that includes so much about the secondary characters. It gives readers so much more.

9. Cait Lavender - I read Hunter Moon and loved Shelby and Cash. Cait Lavender's writing starts on action and is non-stop. It also left me hanging at the end, waiting for the next book.

10. Tawdra Kandle - Although I am still slacking and haven't read the second and third book in her King Series, I still loved the first book. Tawdra Kandle has a great writing that is engaging. 

11. Jolene B. Perry - I love Jolene Perry's stories, her characters, her plots. She is so talented!

Yeah, there are 11. I couldn't pick one of these to not put on my list. I love them all and they are all authors that have become favorites over the year. Who are some of your favorite new-to-you authors? Let me know in the comments or leave me a link and I'll visit your Top Ten.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! There are a lot of authors I've never heard about on your list. I may have to check them out if they're worth to be in here.
    I left out Jamie McGuire because I just finished Beautiful Disaster... but he could've made it to my list too! It was a great book and Travis Maddox, Jesus! He's just enough explanation as you said. I'm dying to read Walking Disaster!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    I'm following back :)

    Kar @ Pause Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Suzanne Collins is on mine as well. There are a few on here I am going to have to check out. My TTT.

    Vyki @ On The Shelf
    Check out my Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to be included on this list! :)

    ReplyDelete